5 Tips for a Timely Closing
September 06, 2019Closing on a new home or any piece of real estate can be a stressful time, particularly if you are new to the process. Every little detail must fall into place at the exact right time to ensure a timely closing. One detail out of place and the whole purchasing process can be delayed or even derailed. The process can be enough to have first-time homebuyers biting their nails or pulling out their hair. Here are 5 tips for a timely closing that will help you get through the closing process with as little stress as possible.
- Schedule a Home Inspection: This is important. The home will have to pass inspection before it can be sold. Having an inspection can ensure that any potential concerns the buyer has can be addressed well before closing. Waiting until the last minute to have the home inspected can delay the closing.
- Have all Paperwork in Order: Your title and escrow company can walk you through all of the paperwork you will need to have filled out. Make sure to have the seller complete disclosures before accepting an offer. The seller has 7 days after acceptance to provide disclosures to the buyer. It can be helpful to have all of these forms filled out.
- Avoid Big Purchases Before Closing/Lock in Interest Rate: Even if you are prequalified for your loan, avoid big purchases before closing. A big purchase on your credit could change your qualifications for a loan, which can bring a halt to the whole process. The same goes for locking in your interest rate. If the rate rises, it could affect your ability to get a loan as well. Ask your lender about locking in your interest rate if possible.
- Prepare to Wire Funds: This isn't always necessary, but have a plan of action if required. Many settlement companies require clients to wire funds for security reasons. If you need to wire funds, be sure to check with the settlement company for the exact instructions for wiring funds.
- Title Search and Title Insurance: It's important that a title search has been performed to ensure there are no clouds on the title. Also, you will need to have lender's insurance at the very least. Buyer's insurance is recommended.
We can handle all aspects of your real estate closing. Title & escrow services, property title searches, judgment & lien searches, Florida title insurance, record owner searches, and residential title services are all a part of what we do. That means you can get all of the services for your closing under one roof. This streamlines the process and makes it easier to facilitate a timely closing.
Our first priority at Key Title & Escrow is to provide our customers with the absolute best real estate closings in the business. We also want to give our customers convenience, which is why we offer weekend closings. We are a big enough company to handle even the most challenging real estate closings, but we're small enough to give each of our clients the personal attention they deserve.
Don't let all the details involved in a real estate closing stress you out or delay your purchase. Key Title & Escrow is the leading title and escrow company in Florida. We offer statewide closings and can assist you no matter where you are in Florida. We always put our customers first and work hard to ensure smooth, timely, professional real estate closings. Your best interest is at the heart of everything we do, so if you are in need of real estate closing services in Florida, contact the real estate professionals at Key Title & Escrow. Let us show you how our title and escrow services are the best in Florida. Contact us by calling (305) 235-4571 / (800) 547-0006 or by filling out the form here on our website. We are ready to help you close today.
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comment section below. Also, feel free to share it by clicking the share buttons below. Want us to cover another topic related to title and escrow services? If so, then like us, follow us, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Key Title & Escrow, and Twitter @KeyTitle_Escrow.